The former South Orange Village Hall was sold as an adaptive reuse to the Landmark Hospitality Group in 2016 for $1,200,000.00.
This sale provided an opportunity to restore and preserve this historic building and added an important new ratable to our tax rolls.
This venue will feature a steakhouse, beer garden and private event space. Landmark Hospitality owns and operates a portfolio of distinctive venues, hotels, and restaurants in NJ and PA. See Landmark project summary here: https://landmarkvenues.com/venues/village-hall/
- By the Numbers:
- Revenue: $1,200,000.00 sale
- Additional municipal ratable: Land tax for first 20 years
- Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT): 20 years on improvements
- Community Benefits: Preservation of historic building and investment of $6,500,000.00
Current Phase: Construction
Estimated Project Duration:
- Building Completion: Estimated for summer 2022
Developer: Landmark Restaurant Group
Special Conditions: Village Hall/Scotland Road Municipal Parking Lot has reduced capacity throughout construction and may be closed periodically.