Staff Paperwork

All staff members must fill out the appropriate payroll paperwork. These forms include the I9, Federal W4, NJ W4 and Direct deposit form. Staff members under the age of 18 and still in high school also need to fill out working papers. Staff members over the age of 18 will be subject to a background check.

I9 Form

The I9 form (PDF) is used to verify a person's employment eligibility. . 

Documentation is also required with the I9 form. Please see acceptable forms of documentation on Page 3. You may provide one document from List A (i.e. passport) or one document from both List B and List C (i.e. driver's license and social security card). If this documentation is not included, the form will not be accepted. Please only return with your proper identification.

Federal W4 Form

The Federal W4 form (PDF) is a payroll form that is used to determine a person's tax withholdings. Please be sure to sign this form and include your social security number. If you need assistance filling out this form, please speak with a professional, as we are not qualified to tell you what your allowances/withholdings should be.

New Jersey W4

The NJ W4 form (PDF) is very similar to the Federal form, please fill out with your withholding information. If you are exempt from tax, you would write "exempt" in Box Number 6.

Direct Deposit Form

All employees of South Orange Village are required to be paid via direct deposit. Please fill out this form for direct deposit.

Working Papers

All staff members under the age of 18 and still in high school are required to complete working papers. Working papers can be downloaded here: Working Papers A300. The parent will complete Section A. The employer will complete Section B. The school nurse or employee's doctor will complete Section C. The school's main office will complete the rest of the form. After the form is finished, the employee must bring the copy back to the employer. Please find the checklist from the school district here: Working Paper Instructions

Background Check

Please contact the department for current background check form.