South Orange Downtown (SODT)
The South Orange Downtown is the not-for-profit management entity of our village's Special Improvement District. Founded in 1991 as Main Street South Orange, the organization is run by an Executive Director and a volunteer board of directors made up of property owners, business owners, residents and other stakeholders. We are not a part of the South Orange Village government but work closely with elected officials and Village staff as a separate 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
The goal of South Orange Downtown is to strengthen the district for all our stakeholders. Our work includes supporting existing businesses and recruiting new ones to improve our retail mix, guiding entrepreneurs, producing events that complement existing stores and services, making the Village Center cleaner, safer, and more pedestrian-friendly, and helping our governing body manage new development while preserving the attractive architectural legacy of the downtown area.
South Orange Village Center Board of Directors:
- Catherine Fisher, Business Owner (Chair)
- Amelia Cruz-Holder, Property Owner (Vice-Chair)
- Jonathan Javins, Business Owner (Treasurer)
- Michael Maza, Resident (Secretary)
- Claudine Baptiste, Property Owner
- Courtney Bryan, Resident
- George Constantinou, Business Owner
- Daniel Garcia-Pedrosa, Property Owner
- James Goodger, Business Owner
- Hannah Zollman, Resident
- Stephen Beaudoin, SOPAC Representative
- Matthew Borowick, SHU Representative
- Mark Hartwyk, SO Parking Authority Representative
- Bobby Brown, Village Trustee Representative
- Julie Doran, Village Administrator
The South Orange Downtown Board of Directors meet on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 8:30 AM via Zoom and the public is always invited to attend.
Join Zoom Meeting
Dial in: 929-205-6099
Meeting ID: 898 9317 1030
More information can be found at: https://www.southorangedowntown.org/