The Township of South Orange Village’s Finance Department, under the direction of the Village's CFO, oversees the township’s financial operations.
The Finance Department establishes and maintains a general accounting system for the Village government and each of its departments. In doing so, it is responsible for the disbursement of all monies and controls all expenditures to ensure that budget appropriations are not exceeded.
Additional duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assists the Village President and Village Administrator with compiling information for preparing the annual budget
- Provides the Village President and Board of Trustees with monthly statements of all receipts and disbursements
- Prepares annual financial statements and reports for the Board of Trustees
- Develops financial policies for recommendation to the Board of Trustees
- Safeguards the Village’s financial interests and investments to the fullest extent
- Manages the Village’s debt