South Essex Fire Department
South Orange Village is served by the South Essex Fire Department.
The mission of the South Essex Fire Department (SEFD) is to minimize the loss of life and property threatened by fire, medical conditions and other emergencies by providing the best professional services possible with the resources at its disposal.
In support of that mission, all members of this department are expected to attain and maintain a level of professionalism consistent with the noble profession they represent. SEFD shall maintain continued fire education and safety for its residents and members.
Non-Emergency Line: (973) 762.3200
Emergency Line: 911
Fire Chief: Joseph Alvarez
973.762.3200 x6213 | email@example.com
HOME FIRE SAFETY TIPS
DEVELOP A FIRE ESCAPE PLAN
Can Your Family Survive a Fire In Your Home?
Protect your family by planning and practicing a home fire escape plan. Always know two ways out from the house and agree on a meeting place outside of your home so you will know that everyone is out safely and accounted for.
MAKE SURE YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS AND CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS ARE WORKING
- Twice a year, when you adjust your clocks for daylight savings time:
- Change your smoke detector batteries
- Change your carbon monoxide detector batteries
- Practice your home fire escape plan
IF THERE IS A FIRE
- Do not try to fight the fire yourself
- Get out of the house and stay out. Do not try and gather any personal possessions
- CLOSE THE DOOR ON THE WAY OUT
- If smoke is present, exit as low as possible and keep your mouth covered
- CALL 911 ONCE YOU REACH A SAFE LOCATION
- REMEMBER- WORKING SMOKE DETECTORS AND CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS SAVE LIVES