Community Police Collaborative
The Community Police Collaborative (CPC) committee was formally established to advise the Township of South Orange Village Board of Trustees regarding its oversight of the Village Police Department, particularly with respect to its interactions with Village residents and their children; Village officials, employees, and educators; local non-resident workers and other visitors, Seton Hall University students, and police officers, etc., and to facilitate and encourage further Constituent outreach. The overall goals for the committee are as follows:
- Sharing respective points of view and feedback;
- Developing agreed-upon best practices;
- Increasing awareness of and reducing explicit and implicit bias;
- Creation of programs and activities to foster engagement among Constituents; and
- How it might serve as contextual ambassadors to / sharing CPC knowledge with the broader South Orange community.
The CPC holds monthly meetings that are open to the public:
- 2nd Thursday of every month
- 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Currently being held via WebEx (Please see public calendar for meeting information)
See Agenda & Minutes here.
Chair Stephanie Lawson-Muhammad
Vice Chair Sara Wakefield
Secretary Brendan Gioello
Trustee Liaison Bobby Brown
Chief Police Ernesto Morillo
The CPC subcommittees are made up of volunteers for our community and meet monthly outside of the CPC meetings. If you are interested in serving your community on one of these committees please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Analysis and Publication
- SOPD Operations
- Community Engagement
For additional information regarding Committee Members, Trustee Liaisons, and more, visit the CPC Website.