Didn't get your recycling picked up? Here's what to do.
As our new recycling hauler, F. Basso Rubbish Removal, becomes familiar with our streets they are incurring more missed pick ups than they expected. In order to improve service to South Orange, they are adding an additional truck to their routes. Additionally, if you experience a missed collection, please contact the Basso Missed Collections Department in one of 3 ways*:
- Phone: Call 973-483-1671 and leave a message that includes your street address, town (South Orange) and date of missed pickup; or,
- Email: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your street address, town (South Orange) and date of the missed pick up; or,
- Submittal Form: Go to Report A Concern > enter your address > choose Recycling from the type of concern dropdown menu.
* This is a message service only which triggers automatic next-day pickup of missed recycling when reported by 6am of the following day. Residents will not receive a return call.
To ensure collection please follow these guidelines:
- Recycling must be out at curb by 6am
- Missed collections from Thursday will be picked up on Friday when reported by 6am Friday morning
- Missed collections from Friday will be picked up on Saturday when reported by 6am Saturday morning
- Ensure your recycling is properly sorted and you have the correct recyclables out on the correct day
- Recycling cannot be placed in plastic bags. (While covered toters are not required, they are strongly recommended.)
Please visit our recycling information page for more information and your recycling schedule. Thank you for your continued patience as we implement this new system.