Below is a list of the necessary subcode sections needed for each item of work:
- Fire & Burglar Alarms: Need to supply a copy of the appropriate license.
- Fire Alarm: Fire & Electric subcode sections.
- Burglar Alarm: Electric subcode only
AS OF AUGUST 20, 2007, A LOW VOLTAGE ALARM SYSTEM MAY NO LONGER BE THE ONLY ALARM SYSTEM IN A BUILDING
The low voltage system cannot be extended if the proposed work is an addition. You must install a complete 110V interconnected system in the new addition as per the requirements below.
- If the addition is at least 5% of the footprint of the house, all levels of the house must be hardwired. The new addition only has to be hardwired if there is a bedroom. If the new addition is not a bedroom, you are required to hardwire all levels of the existing house with a 110V interconnected system.
- If the addition is 25% of the footprint of the house, a complete 110V interconnected system in each new or existing bedroom plus all levels of the house must be installed.