A variety of classes and activities are offered by the Department of Recreation & Cultural Affairs for the late fall and winter season.
A listing is below and details can be found on our new registration website HERE.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Department has a new registration website and a NEW ACCOUNT is required if you want to continue to receive department notifications, register for programs and activities or purchase a membership. While perhaps inconvenient for returning customers, we are confident that online registration will be simpler. There are no extra fees associated with online registration through this site.
ART & DANCE PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN
- Clay Time, Ages 3-5
- Mosaic Mash Up, Ages 5-9
- Creating A Poetry Picture Book, Ages 12 and Up
- Art with Denise -Guided Painting
- Funky Fun Art: YOUTUBE WORKSHOP : School is out November 6, 8 & 9. In this 9am-3pm workshop, kids will create short skits, songs or dances to act out on camera!
- Funky Fun Art: HOLIDAY GIFT WORKSHOP :School is only half-days November 28, 29 & 30. From 1-5:00 pm on these days, Funky Fun offers multiple art stations to allow kids to create unique holiday gifts for family and friends! Register for 1, 2 or 3 days.
- Ballet, Ages 2-11: Our wonderful instructor, Miss Shona, teaches a number of classes on Saturdays and Thursdays, including a parent/child class, pre-ballet and more advanced classes. Registration begins November 1st.
SPORTS AND FITNESS FOR CHILDREN
- Futsal, Grades 3-8: The Futsal program for children is held on Sunday afternoons beginning December 2nd at South Orange Middle School.
- Jaguar Indoor Track Team, Ages 7-16: Registration for Jaguar Track MUST be done in person at Baird Saturday, November 10th, 10am-2pm.
- MSO Cougar Youth Wrestling Club, Grades 1-8: For more information, see the club website at https://www.msowrestlingclub.com/.
- Recreation basketball for grades 2-5
- Middle School Recreation Basketball League, Grades 6-8
- High School Pick-up
- Ski Camelback, Grades 3-8
- Tennis and Sports Squirts, Ages 3-8:
- Tae Kwon Do for Beginners and Advanced Students, Ages 5 and Up
- Maplewood Boys Lacrosse: Registration for the Spring 2019 season for is now open for returning and new players. For more information and registration, go to www.maplewoodlacrosseclub.com.
- Total Body Circuit: This class is a great option for those who are relatively fit and looking for a new experience in exercise AND for those just getting started in an exercise routine.
- Chair Yoga: Chair yoga is a gentle form of yoga that is practiced while sitting in a chair or standing using a chair for support.
- Senior Fitness: In this class participants will work on increasing flexibility and strength, improving balance and posture, reducing stress. Using soft fitness balls, light weights and resistance bands, participants work through a variety of exercises which focus on improving overall stamina and well being.
- Over 30 Soccer: Adult players meet on Sunday mornings and play a series of short games in a round-robin schedule, six players per side. The style of play and rule modifications accommodate varied skills and age levels. Emphasis is on maintaining conditioning, improving skills and having fun.