Billing / Report a Leak


Call center hours of operation will be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for questions related to your bill, to schedule a service visit, or to set up an appointment to turn your water service on or off or reactivate your water service if it’s shut off for non-payment.

For Emergencies
: Customers can call the toll-free number after hours, weekends and holidays for water emergency purposes only, such as main breaks, water quality issues, service outages and leaks.

Ways To Pay Your Bill
  • Electronic Payment Program: Save time and money! This free service automatically deducts the amount of your bill from your bank account. Call us today to sign up or for more information.
  • Internet: Visit to pay your bill online.
  • Mail: Include the pre-addressed payment stub, write your account number and address on your check or money order and use the envelope provided. Do not send cash.
  • In Person at South Orange Village Hall: The Village does not directly accept payments at the window but will allow access to South Orange Village Water Utility customer accounts via a laptop or telephone located at the counter. You will need an online account for the online web access. Checking or credit card (Visa or Master Card) are acceptable payment methods. 
Billing issues prior to 2017 
The East Orange Water Commission (EOWC) previously operated the Village’s water system until December 31st, 2016. If you have a question regarding a bill from December 31st or earlier contact EOWC directly at 973-266-8869.

Additional Billing Information - Water Rates And Fees
Volumetric rates for water sold to customers by the South Orange Village Water Utility are established by the Village and billed on a periodic basis. Where the metered volume in any given period is equal to or less than any minimums established by the Village, a minimum periodic charge shall apply. All fees and minimums are identified in Chapter 157  of the municipal code of the Township of South Orange Village, accessible by visiting, then “Village Code” under “Your Government”.